Caltrans will continue its mass eviction of Wood St residents next week and the residents facing displacement have nowhere to go! This urgent situation calls for an emergency intervention from Oakland City Council NOW.
City-run RV sites are full. Non-congregant shelter options are full. These estimated 200+ residents need land to relocate to NOW.
There’s the 22 acre North Gateway parcel of city land siting vacant close to Wood St. MAKE CALLS & SEND EMAILS demanding that the City open up this land to vehicle dwellers!
Tell Oakland City Council: WOOD ST RESIDENTS NEED LAND NOW!
📧Email the full council at email@example.com
☎️Make calls to the councilmembers below:
- CM Dan Kalb, District 1: 510-238-7001
- CM Nikki Bas, District 2: 510-238-7002
- CM Carroll Fife, District 3: 510-238-7003
- CM Sheng Thao, District 4: 510-238-7004
- CM Noel Gallo, District 5: 510-238-7005
- CM Loren Taylor, District 6: 510-238-7006
- CM Treva Reid, District 7: 510-238-7007
- CM Rebecca Kaplan, At-Large: 510-238-7008
Note: Councilmember Fife proposed this land as a site for homeless intervention earlier this year, but didn’t receive much support from the city administration or other councilmembers. Action is needed from the city now!
Love & Justice In The streets
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.