WRAP is Hiring!
The Western Regional Advocacy Project is hiring an Organizing Director.
WRAP supports our core members–local homeless-led and accountable groups across the western US–by providing organizing tools and research for them to use in their anti-criminalization and housing campaigns.
WRAP also coordinates our members who are building a regional /national movement together for House Keys Not Sweeps, and connects WRAP’s priorities with broader anti- racism, classism, neo-liberalism, capitalism, and criminalization campaigns.
This full time position will coordinate much of this work, including facilitating member calls twice a month.
- Check in with members on regular basis to track campaigns, offer assistance and inform each member group what other groups are doing/learning and messages/strategies they are using.
- Staff workgroups and core member meetings: (a) Send out reminder notices with all necessary materials beforehand, (b) create agendas, (c) write up minutes and distribute to members.
- Maintain ongoing & updated work plans for members and staff.
- Create and maintain a list of “next steps” for WRAP staff.
- Coordinate the logistics/materials for legislative, litigation and organizing efforts
- Assist with research projects
- New member screening and recruitment
- Maintain media contact lists, and draft press releases when necessary
- Write at least one article per month that connects our members work to each other
- Coordinate logistics/direct action for Face to Face meetings
- Represent WRAP at community forums/conferences (Tabling/powerpoint presentation,etc)
- Manage campaign endorsements & contact lists and add to newsletter list
- Ensure all organizing and research materials on the Website are up to date
- Meet monthly with supervisor (executive director), take minutes at bi-weekly staff meetings
Our office is in the Mission District of San Francisco.
Position: Organizing Director
Type: Full-time (40 hours per week).
Hours: Currently, member meetings are 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month. Flexibility required depending on changes to call dates/times and/or other meetings and events. Some travel required
Rate: $45,000.00 /$50,000.00 year (DOE). Full health/dental benefits, two weeks paid vacation and 5 paid sick days for the first year.
Supervision: Executive Director
- Ability to be both self-directed and organized in a variety of projects, while also taking the lead of WRAP core members and implement core member decisions and processes.
- A strong understanding of community organizing and building power.
- A commitment to WRAP’s mission, structure, decision-making process and campaigns.
- Ability to accurately take minutes, edit your own work and writing of others for accuracy and consistency.
- Experience in developing workplans, follow up steps and tracking who is responsible for what.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, google docs, and Constant Contact – or other newsletter management systems.
Desired But Not Required Skills:
- Lived experience with issues of homelessness and poverty.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- Photoshop – or other graphics software
Send resume and cover letter to Paul Boden (executive director) firstname.lastname@example.org Open until filled. No calls please.
Download Job Announcement PDF >>>>>