2 Steps You Can Take To Make A Difference
1) Educate yourself and your community about poverty and social justice, human rights, and the connection between lack of affordable housing and homelessness.
- Read Without Housing: Decades of Federal Housing Cutbacks, Massive Homelessness, and Policy Failure
- Join WRAP’s e-newsletter—Speaking Power to Power
- Share the Hobos to Street People: Artist’s Responses to Homelessness from the New Deal to the Present website with friends, families, educators, students, artists, organizers, and elected officials.
- Hang WRAP social justice posters in your office, classroom, local coffee shop, bookstore, community center, and place of worship. Go here to order.
- Use social justice artwork to educate and organize. Go to WRAP’s Art page to download public domain images.
2) Volunteer with WRAP or other community organizations working to address the systemic causes of homelessness, poverty, and social injustice.