Residents of Quality Inn, HAND, and the broader community are asking Colorado Coalition for the Homeless to extend the stay at Quality Inn until December 31st and to use that time to secure housing for all residents. Join us in making this ask!!
Sign the petition today! https://chng.it/d7VrKGXZPy
See our letter to CCH attached.
Email this letter to CCH yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org Attention John Parvensky or call (303) 293-2217
If you represent an organization – have your organization sign on today! Email us your organization name to sign on.
120 Elderly, sick, disabled Quality Inn residents are facing being kicked to the shelters and streets on September 16th – one week from today.
In no world is this ok.
This week HAND will be working with as many residents as we can to seek housing options.
But if CCH does not extend the stay at Quality Inn Quality Inn residents will be headed to the streets and will need the community’s support.
Donate to this GoFundMe https://gofund.me/17328e99 to help residents with their most basic moving and survival needs.
Residents have shared with HAND several items that we are asking the community to unite over and make possible:
- Storage fees
- Bus passes
- ADA accessible tents
- Camping supplies (as last resort, for those who would end up needing them – one of which is a deaf elderly man in a wheelchair)
- Camping supplies for those who will have to live in their cars, such as: portable power banks to charge electronics, heated blankets, carbon monoxide detectors, batteries, emergency thermal blankets, hand/ toe warmers, etc.
- And of course… HOUSING! Rooms to rent/ cheap apartments under $1000
In addition to these monetary needs, here are some other ways to help.
- Let us know about any basement apartments, rooms to rent, cheap housing under $1000 a month – a number of Quality Inn residents could afford rent in this price range and are just looking for a place.
- Transportation – help give residents rides…
- Moving on or before September 16th
- Appointments: housing, medical, mail
On September 16th we will be coordinating moving and other support most of the day at the hotel. If you can help drive people and stuff, bring boxes, food, water, or provide other support please let us know!
Contact us at 701-484-2634 or email@example.com
This is the time to demand Quality Inn be kept open as we work for housing for all residents! Please don’t forget to contact CCH and make this ask on behalf of the residents.
Onwards towards housing for all…
Housekeys Action Network Denver
Towards rights, dignity, housing…
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.