The Western Regional Advocacy Project is hiring someone to staff WRAP’s workgroup calls, and conduct necessary follow up and research with member organization. This position is part time (20hrs week) and will manage calls for each of the three States that are involved in the campaign as well as full member calls once a month. The salary is $17,500.00 yr with health and dental.
- Manage campaign endorsements & contact lists and add to newsletter list – for the full campaign and for the individual states which are involved (California, Oregon, Colorado).
- Staff workgroup/full member calls: (a) Send out reminder notices with all necessary materials beforehand, (b) create agendas, (c) write up minutes and distribute to members.
- Maintain ongoing updated work plans.
- Create and maintain a list of “next steps” for WRAP staff and workgroups.
- Coordinate the logistics for legislative advocacy efforts
- Assist with research projects as requested by Director
- New member screening and recruitment
- Maintain media contact lists, and draft press releases when necessary
- Write at least one article per month that connects our members work to each other
- Coordinate logistics/direct action for Face to Face meetings
- Represent WRAP at community forums/conferences (Tabling/powerpoint presentation,etc)
- Ensure all materials on the Website are up to date
- Meet monthly with supervisor (executive director), bi-weekly staff meeting
Our office is in the Mission District of San Francisco. To learn more contact Paul Boden at email@example.com
WRAP was founded in 2005 by local social justice organizations across the West to bring about real systemic change. We are building a multi-issue, multi-racial and social justice-based coalition which brings people together across the local–national divide, thus giving us the strength and experience to make ending poverty and homelessness a national priority.