Los Angeles Community Action Network
Job Title: Pop Up Market Retail Associate
Reports To: Executive Director and Market Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Part-Time (20 hours/week)
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Pop-Up Produce Market is a program which provides direct access to fresh fruits and vegetables to low-income and under-represented populations with limited access to safe quality and affordable fresh fruits and vegetables. The Pop-Up Market Retail Associate is responsible for supporting the weekly market in Downtown LA through outreach, set up, staffing, and breakdown. The associate will work closely with the Market Coordinator and other LA CAN members who work collectively to ensure a successful market.
1. Reach out to community members and organizations to promote market and establish relationships within the market site and neighboring communities that build customer loyalty.
2. Maintain call list, make weekly calls to customers, and place sufficient weekly orders
3. Set up and operate a clean, safe, and engaging Downtown LA market.
4. Calculate and manage all sales transactions
5. Ensure proper produce safety and handling for optimal quality control.
6. Coordinate and ensure market bag deliveries
7. Accurately track customer contact information to ensure a complete and accurate customer database.
8. Staff healthy food access committee meetings
9. Other tasks, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
• Ability to use a 10-key calculator
• Ability to extend high level of customer service required
• Ability to take initiative and solve problems
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Strong time management and organization skills to meet deadlines
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as a team member and contribute to team goals
• Must have reliable transportation
LOCAL, LOW-INCOME HIRING PREFERENCE
Local, low-income residents will receive early notification and a preferential hiring period for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to